Arrived in Moscow this morning. The train journey was pretty cool. I was assigned a top bunk on the 4-berth sleeper. Being the clumsy person that I am, I thought that wasn't such a good idea. My group leader, Andrew, was very nice and offered to trade his bottom bunk with me. Works out well. The bunk is quite comfortable although for some reason I didn't really sleep too well last night. The aircon was probably slightly too cold as well but however a pretty comfy journey.
Moscow is completely different to St Petersburg - architecture is just completely different with Moscow featuring lots of Soviet Communist buildimgs still. The Red Square is just magnificent and on a nice sunny day, I would probably just love to sit around there and watch people. However, Moscow is presenting its grey side today - rather wet and a bit miserable (though I suppose I can't really complain - it's not winter weather at all!) Love St Basil's. Took some funny pics with my group this morning. Kremlin tour is on our agenda this afternoon. Today's probably the first day that we're really doing sightseeing together as a group because we don't have a lot of time in Moscow.
Can't wait to see the magnificent underground station tonight - we're going around to some of the best stations after dinner!
Will be out of civilisation for at least the next 4-5 days - the long train ride across Siberia will begin tomorrow.... but not until we have seen waxy comrade Lenin!
Until next time.....
My dear friends + family - please leave commments!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow Saaa.. don't stop writing.. it's really interesting to read abt ur travelling experiences!!!
I think I will keep this blog on my favourites list!!!
Heya Sa... Sounds great. Right now you must be somewhere in Siberia - how amazing it must be. Keep us posted.
Yoni =)
Post a Comment