Exhausted but had a brilliant time. Last destination reached. Total Mileage 3,965. Returned our 'Saturn ION' to 'BUDGET' that we have named 'Atlas' at 7.59pm. (Atlas because we actually forgot ours and it is on of Saturn's moons.) GPS lady, named Cynthia by us, guided us to the last destination here in San Mateo. The next few days is for the San Francisco bay area & chillin before going back to reality. My 3rd visit now but I can't get enough of it.
Life on the road...? Sore butts, backs and necks. Bad coffee, bad skin, unequal tan, scorching heat and sunlight in the dessert (40+degrees), altitute changes, sweat, grime, hideous flip flps from Walmart (because my original pair broke in Nashville), road killed animals, bottles and bottles of water (I started collecting and refilling - soon to become 'Bag Lady' collecting everything) but above all...PURE FREEDOM! The landscape of the country and the weather/temperature changes so much and so quickly. Amazing.
Some highlights:
Native animals sighting:
Road runner / Armadillo / Jackrabbit / Rattle snake / Vulture / Tarantula / Scorpion - 0
Coyote - 1 dead, 2 alive
Antelopes - 0 dead, 3 alive
Deers - 3 dead, 4 alive
Cows - 500+ (some about to be 'Best Quality Beef')
Horses - 200 or so
Interesting people: everywhere - the changes throughout the nation although should note that Dave is a great source of info about Vietnam as he was part of the Tet offensive; some guy at the hostel in Flagstaff had some great stories about the Indians, others enlighten us about the Mongolian overtone and other interesting misc info.
Tap Water (I am now somewhat of a connoisseur) - Top to bottom:
-Flagstaff, AZ
-Albuquerque, NM
-San Francisco, CA
-NYC, NY
-LA, CA
-Rest stop - somewhere in AZ
-Dallas, TX
-Nashville, TN
More to come but let me tell you - no photos can do the Grand Canyon justice (particularly mine, where I had absolutely no control over any colours whatsoever and only had a crappy compact - not to mention my skill level) - and HWY 101 along the Pacific Coast definitely presents that epic mythical journey the Americans talk about.
Yes, I am in the land of dreams - California...California...here we come...(think OC song)
Peeps - leave comments :) - you know you want to - keep me entertained.
Sa out (for now).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sa, after read the skin part, so curious to see your pics, haha, nice story though~
Yo! Sounds pretty incredible, your journey. I'm reading your posts backwards, so this is the first one I've read. I wonder what I'll discover as I go back.
Rest well ^__^
Post a Comment