Wow - two postings in a day...I think it's a miracle. Well, it may be my last blogging chance in a few days. Not sure what it'll be like in New Mexico and Arizona so I might as well write one now that I'm back at Ben's - which, I just discovered, is in the 'gaybourhood':)
So, we were at the grassy knoll - we figured out who killed JFK. Very strange to see an "X" marking the bit of the road where JFK actually got shot. Strange concept, particularly as the road is still used frequently and tourists generally try to stand on the "X" and get a photo without getting run over by a car. Dallas surprises me. It is much more civilized than I had imagined. The skyline is interesting with the strange looking triangular building with reflective glass.
After sussing out the murder mystery of JFK, we then entertained ourselves with the 500 long-horns (sculptures, of course - not real). Unfortunately I have been wearing a skirt all day - so no cowboy action for me but nevertheless fun.
A lot of car-sightseeing once again. The Nasher Sculpture Park seems to have some interesting things there (closed today unfortunately so only saw from the outside) and the West End area surely has character. Being into art and graphics, I noticed that the city is laid out rather well and the signage is actually pretty creative. The "Up Town" sign is almost like a sculpture itself - but I guess it's the high-end area and they have the money for that..the rich part of Texas, eh?
To end the day, we each had a huge, delicious and oh-so-bad-for-you burger at a bar/restaurant called "Lee Harvey's" - yes after the criminal/assassin. Lovely. Place looks fit for a convict too and it was fitting that we arrived in Ben's big black truck.
Tomorrow is another long day on the road, lots of music education and Abbey entertaining me with her ukulele. (I have in fact learn 4 cords already and may be able to return the favour soon.....hmm...actually...may be not.)
So...Albuquerque here we come! How exciting! Right now though...there is only one and only one word to describe how Abbey, Ben and I feel....STUFFED! ;p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice one. I feel like a Texas burger now, I'm hungry. I'm going to go eat. Have fun Sa.
Post a Comment