The Tube:
With frequent journeys on the tube throughout the week, I realise that I missed observing all sorts of character taking the same train. Highlight of last week was a lady with bright orang hair who just looked so funky. I wish I could have taken a photo. Then there are the arty-farty people who looked like they just came out of a fashion show.I had my 15 min (or seconds rather) of fame when a photographer from the Daily Mail wanted to take a photograph of me on the tube. I had to pretend that I was reading 'Lite' - the new free newspaper for Londoners. I must say after flicking through while posing for the photograph that 'Lite' is pretty rubbish. I guess you get what you pay for... I hope nobody see that photo - ever!
And of course, a Saturday journey on the tube wouldn't be complete without the football fans. Arsenal was obviously playing...and I spotted some Chelsea fans who happened to be on the wrong side of town.
Things you should and shouldn't do...
As I said - all things weird and wonderful... and perhaps not so wonderful. Living with Seth (even if temporarily this time) means having to be prepared to try anything, from powerball, home made (Sethy boo brand) peanut butter drink (oh...soo sweet and rich that I felt sick) to minor surgery that involves using a tweezer to get the rubber part of an in-ear headphone out of his ear (that should teach him not to push his earphone in so deep) ... and all this in 1 week!Just got to try....
And with all that London has to offer - once again, I venture into the unknown: a completely new experience - this time accompanied by Seth, Amanda, Titch and Yoni. At Dans Le Noir in Farringdon we ate in complete darkness. We were led to our seat by our blind waitress and we were then served the surprise menu and the surprise wine - had fun guessing what everything was. Even after a long while, our eyes hadn't adjust and we just had to get used to it. Needless to say our table manners were certainly gone with the boys stooping down to using their hands. I didn't even bother to cut my meat - was just too difficult. Strange mixture of food but at the end of the day it was a good expereince....got to try everything once...
Ceratainly I'll miss this place... let's see what it's got to offer for my last week here... I'm off to the National theatre tomorrow to see 'The Alchemist'. Probably my last play in London for a long time - have to see if NY can compare...
Until then...
1 comment:
Nice post Sa. What a curious week you've had.
Post a Comment